March 11, 2014
Release # 14-03-001
Deactivation ceremony of 1st Battalion, 321st Airborne Field Artillery Regiment
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Paratroopers from 1st Battalion, 321st Airborne Field Artillery Regiment, 18th Fires Brigade, will case their unit’s colors during a deactivation ceremony March 14th at 1 p.m.
The unit will pass their regimental colors for safe keeping to the 3rd Battalion, 321st Field Artillery Regiment, 18th FiB, before the deactivation ceremony.
1-321 AFAR was constituted on Aug. 5, 1917 and its troopers have served in World War I, World War II, the Vietnam War, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom as well as other peace keeping missions.
The unit is currently the only 155mm airborne unit in the Army. As part of the Army’s transformation, some subordinate units of the 1-321 AFAR have transferred to brigade combat teams within the 82nd Airborne Division.
1. For more information, please contact the 18th Fires Brigade Public Affairs Office at (910) 303-0899
2. Media interested in attending this event must RSVP no later than March 13 at 10 a.m.
3. To view all of our latest print and video news products, click here
4. To view all of our latest print and video news products, click here
5. Follow us on twitter @82ndABNDIV