DATE: May 18, 2012 5:05:37 PM CDT
PWW Obstacle Course
MONDAY 21 MAY
||21 Cav||1 p.m.
|3/1 CD||3 CR|
|4/1 CD||1 MED|
|41 FIRES||11 SIG|
|36 EN||69 ADA|
TUESDAY 22 MAY
||2/1 CD||1 p.m.
|48 CHEM||504 BfSB|
TEAM MAKE UP
- Five-man team must have 1 Officer, 3 NCOs, 1 PVT-SPC. 1 of 5 must be female.
RULES AND SCORING
- Teams must be present 15 minutes prior to their heat start time (showtime)
- Each team member must successfully attempt or make a valid effort to successfully attempt 16 of the 22 obstacles on the obstacle course.
- The 16 obstacles in order are the Slide for Life; Low Belly Over; Low Crawl; Tarzan; Wall Hanger; High Step Over; Swing, Stop and Jump; Six Vaults; Belly Buster; Reverse Climb; Weaver; Hip-Hip; Incline Wall; SkyScraper; Confidence Climb and the Tough One. (See Tab A).
- Each Team member must complete the obstacle before moving on to the next obstacle. All team members must complete the course before the time stops.
- There is only one obstacle that a team member can assist another team member. This is the Skyscraper. All other obstacles must be negotiated as an individual member of a team.
- Teams will be assessed penalties for in time increments. Failure to negotiate any obstacle first time go successfully will result in a 30 second penalty for that team member. Subsequent attempts for that team member will not penalize the team. Each additional team member that fails to negotiate the obstacle will result in an additional 30 second penalty.
- Failure to attempt any obstacle or "by-passing" the obstacle to obtain a faster time will result in a 2 minute penalty for the team per each team member who bypasses the obstacle. A team will be disqualified if it is determined that a strategy of bypassing certain obstacles is used to achieve the best time.
- Each team member must make a valid effort to negotiate the obstacle. A valid effort is describe as an attempt made and a physical inability to negotiate the obstacle resulting in a no-go for that attempt. Units do not have to continue to make valid attempts if a team member cannot physically negotiate the obstacle. The judge for that team will determine if a valid attempt is made and will verbally declare a valid attempt.
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Uniform: ACUs with no pin-on badges (must have name, rank and unit patches)
- Equipment: Canteen or Camel Bak (only). ID tags and ID card.