Schedule coming soon
Marksmanship will be held at House Creek Assault Course Range
the event is not open to spectators
TEAM MAKE UP
- Team competitors consist of 4 Soldiers per brigade with two brigades arriving at the appropriate times to receive a safety briefing, rules and how to conduct the course
RULES AND SCORING
- No optical enhancing devices, scopes or laser devices are allowed during the competition (FACTORY IRON SIGHTS).
- Weapon Competition Shoot will be conducted in three phases: Phase I (Preparation), Phase II (Lane Execution) and Phase III (Score Calculations).
- Phase I (Preparation). During this phase 3d CR coordinates with Range Operations to gather all necessary equipment, set-up competition and proofing the Lanes to ensure all safety requirements are within Army Regulation 385-64, Range Safety Program, dated 10 Apr 03. This phase ends when all firers have received a safety briefing, understand the rules of how the lanes are to be conducted and conduct the required lanes.
- Phase II (Execution). This phase begins when all firers have placed their weapons at the appropriate starting positions. Team member will begin at their respective event, one shooter per event. Shooters will make weapons ready/de-cock/safe and place them at the proper points.
- At the sound of the timer/beep the shooter at Event 1 will grab his/her M9 and engage all targets in the multi-room barricade moving through using the shoot, no-shoot technique of firing. Once complete place down their weapon and move to the tower barricade grab his/her M4/M16 and through the tower barricade. Once all targets are engaged, shooter will signal shooter at Event 2 by blowing an air horn to start his or her event.
- Once signaled, shooter 2 will grab his/her M9 and engage all targets in the Laying Position under the multi-purpose barricade once complete safety their weapon and move to the helicopter using either the sitting, kneeling or laying position with M4 in helicopter barricade engage all targets. Once all targets are engaged the shooter will signal shooter 3 by blowing an air horn to start his or her event.
- Once signaled shooter 3 will grab his/her M9 and while walking engaging all targets in the alley way using the shoot/no-shoot technique of firing. Once complete, safety their weapon and move to the window barricade and engage all targets using their M4/M16. Once all targets are engaged, shooter will signal to shooter 4 by blowing an air horn to start his or her event.
- Once signaled, shooter 4 will grab his/her M4/M16 and behind the first façade engage all targets with black numbers that he/she has to call out before engaging once complete move to the second façade and engage all targets with white numbers that he/she has to call out before engaging. Once complete safety their weapon then move to stage 2 using the swing barricade in the prone position and engage all targets. Time stops with the last target dropped or shooter is out of ammunition in this stage.
- Phase III (Score Calculation). This phase begins once teams have completed the course. Scoring per stage will be straight time plus penalties. Maximum time allowed to shoot any stage is 4 minutes (240 seconds), +5 seconds per miss. No hits on target, but target was engaged or target not engaged = +5 second penalty. Pop-up style targets must be hit and fall to be considered a hit or computer reads a hit, knock- down style targets (i.e. poppers or steel) must fall to score. Failure to engage a Long Range (150m + target) will incur a 30 second penalty. Procedural penalties: 5 second may be assessed for failing to follow stage procedures, Stage Not Fired (SNF/DNF) penalty, 100 second per stage not fired.
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Uniform: ACH, Body Armor, Gloves, Eyepro and Weapons
- Equipment: Shooters must provide their own weapons, hearing protection, eye protection and protective vests.