Emergency Management Consultant
LOCATION: Houston, TX
DIVISION: Consulting Services, Public Health Preparedness Consulting Team
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in emergency management, public policy, public health or a related field.
Experience: Work history demonstrating ability to work as a member of a team in an emergency management or public health preparedness-related field. Oral and written communications skills are a must.
- Masters degree in emergency management, public policy, public health or a related field and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in or with public health agencies.
- Experience utilizing the Incident Command System.
- Experience developing disaster plans for federal, state, or local governments; excellent writing skills are a must.
- Experience designing and conducting exercises based on the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program.
- Experience in public speaking and training curriculum development.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience identifying and assessing bid opportunities/requests for proposal; experience writing proposals or grant applications.
- The ability to deconstruct complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude with MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of a team that delivers a full range of company services—including disaster planning, training, and exercise production services to primarily government clients.
- Provides subject matter expertise on one or more of the following areas: mass fatality management; mass care operations; public health response to disasters, including chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and/or explosive incidents; medical countermeasure dispensing; disaster logistics.
- Supports plan development through research, meeting facilitation/qualitative data collection and writing.
- Develops and delivers trainings related to emergency management and public health preparedness topics.
- Participates in exercise development and delivery (including evaluation) activities. Designs exercises and related materials in accordance with the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- Participates in marketing and sales activities directed to government clients. Develops proposals in response to competitive bid opportunities and assists with exhibiting at conferences. Promotes the company to current and prospective clients.
- Manages consulting projects, to include the management of personnel, budgets and work products.
- Supports, on an as-needed basis, incident response activities on behalf of government and private-sector clients.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- No relocation expenses are authorized.
- Full benefits package, including matching 401(k) plan provided.
- A portion of the consultant’s responsibilities includes domestic travel to meet with clients and deliver services. Travel requirements will vary, but the consultant should expect to spend up to 30% of the time traveling on behalf of the company.
- This is a full-time position.